EBCDA has identified the following strategic themes for 2015 to 2020 which are reflected in the day-to-day core activities of the organisation.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT & CAPACITY BUILDING
To assess the needs of the community sector and work with other key organisations to draw up programmes, projects, plans and strategies that build capacity, this translates to:
- Administrative support;
- Promotion of best practice;
- Co-ordinating local networks;
- Partnership working;
- Health development;
- Volunteer development.
COMMUNITY RESOURCE AND FINANCE SERVICES
To promote good financial management practice in the community sector by offering financial management advice, training services and a community accountancy service, this translates to:
- Financial and professional services;
- Use of premises;
- Provision of resource materials.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TRAINING, EDUCATION & ADVOCACY
To encourage, support and facilitate the provision of quality community development education and training opportunities. To seek to influence the policies of community, voluntary, government and public agencies so that they recognise the value of adopting a community development approach and that the community sector in East Belfast might benefit, this translates to:
- Provision of advice;
- Support and facilitating training;
- Acting as an advocate for the community sector in East Belfast;
- Representing the sector on partnership projects and with key stakeholders.