EBCDA has identified the following strategic themes for 2020 to 2025 which are reflected in the day-to-day core activities of the organisation.
Theme 1 – Community Support & Capacity Building:
To assess the needs of the community sector and work with other key organisations to
- recognise the principles and values of adopting a community development approach
- draw up support programmes that develop the community sector
- plan projects that lead to more collaborative working
- develop plans and strategies that build capacity.
- advocate on behalf of and with communities
- seek to influence the policies of community, voluntary, government and statutory agencies
Theme 2 – Community Resource & Finance Services:
To manage our human and physical resources and promote good financial management practice in the community sector by
- offering financial management advice and guidance
- providing financial training and support services
- providing a payroll and community accountancy service
- managing and maintaining East Belfast Network Centre
- ensuring the sector is up to date in charity compliance
Theme 3 – Community Health Development:
To encourage, support and facilitate the provision of community health programmes and projects that.
- seek to influence the health policies of community, voluntary, government and statutory agencies
- promote and provide opportunities for health education and training
- support the community sector to recognise the value of adopting a community development health approach in their work
- builds the capacity of the communities in East Belfast to develop collective solutions to their health problems.
- plan and deliver health projects that lead to more collaborative working