To promote good financial management practice in the community sector by offering financial management advice, training services and a community accountancy service.
Community Resource Services
Within the Resource Department we offer the following services:
- Admin - photocopying (including colour copying), typing, collating, binding, laminating;
- Information sharing - fortnightly emailing of information received;
- Hire of Premises - hire of accessible and fully equipped meeting/training room. Provision of refreshments, when required, are available;
- Online Data Base
We also ensure good practice by making all our written policies available to the sector in East Belfast for adaption and reference purposes. These policies include:
- Health & Safety;
- Staff Handbook (detailing conditions of employment);
- Finance Policy;
- Anti Fraud Policy;
- Reserves Policy.
Community Finance Services
Within our Finance Department we offer:
- Payroll Administration for community groups;
- Independent Examinations for community groups with a small turnover;
- Finance Advice;
- Finance Training;
- Budget Development/Management;
- Undertake Financial Health Checks;
- Support for groups making funding applications.
We work with the Community Support Unit to support groups to source, apply for and manage funding. This support includes:
- Budget Advice;
- Assistance with monitoring requirements;
- Support to use Grant Tracker;
- Advice Clinics at our annual 'Meet the Funder' evenings where groups get the opportunity to meet funders face to face, pick up information and get direct advice on financial matters.
Financial Training Offered includes:
- Preparing a budget;
- Committee training in financial procedures;
- Drawing up finance policies and controls;
- Preparing for Audit/Independent Examination;
- Advice on grant requirements for various funders;
- One-to-one training and telephone advice;
- Understanding financial terminology, e.g. identifying restricted/unrestricted funding in balance sheets;
- Full-cost Recovery.